Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wilted


Wilted
Originally uploaded by Anonymously Uncool

I bought a cord to get my flash off camera so I could get a little more creative with my lighting. What a waste of $30. The cord is so tightly wound that I can't get the flash more than six inches from my camera and if I try to face the flash away from me, the tension in the cord pulls the flash back around and faces it directly towards my subject. I was so excited to play with different lighting, and now I'm just pissed because I wasted the money and I'm back where I started from.

This is one of the roses my sweet baby insisted on buying me for Mother's Day. They've pretty much had it, but before I tossed them, I wanted to take pictures of the pretty wilted flower. This was one picture that I actually managed to get the flash facing away from the flower, and bounced it off of a piece of white foam board. I like the resulting lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment