Friday, February 12, 2010

Being a Good Neighbor


Being a Good Neighbor
Originally uploaded by Anonymously Uncool

Not my 365 shot, but maybe it should have been. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

I called the gas company to report a gas leak outside. I wish I could take all of the credit, but really it was the contractor that was here to fix our basement that noticed the smell. I just made the call.

The gas company said that had somebody not called, the leak would have been in their house within a matter of weeks, and they likely would have gotten carbon monoxide poisoning.

We hardly talk to anybody on our street, but the neighbors came over to thank me for calling and saving their lives. I joked that I almost felt I should apologize after seeing the holes in their yard. I'd like to think they would have done the same.

Really, I can't take the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment